The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dogs of War

We are a PACK! We do not stand alone. We stand with each other. Together we stand as One. One above all who may dare come before us. That is who we are. We are Dogs of War

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Dogs of War!
All DoW members please read new announcement!!
visit our new home at www.dowhq.net

Tactics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brad5452

Male Number of posts : 41
Online ID : brad5452
Platform : xbox 360
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 am

I think we should start posting tactics for use in-game. Maybe start up a list of tactics, tips, tricks, and anything that gives you an advantage but not an unfair one (for example, glitches, hacks, and the like are unfair but using real-world tactics is perfectly fair). Another thing we could do is put hiding spots for those using things like AC-130, Chopper gunner, and predator missiles. For example, if you have desert ghillie, you could easily get people in the large bunker, small bunker, and part of the cliff from inside one of the humvees. Also, if you are using a computer weapon like the AC 130 in wasteland, you could go prone in the red container not far from the mini gun near the trail to the underground on the helicopter spawn side.
A tactic I'm working on developing is seeing if a full team using Predator missiles at the same time would be practical and if not if it would intimidate the enemy or at least force them into buildings so we know where they are. In rust and wasteland, I think it would completely destroy the other team. In places like Favela, I doubt it would work.
When I have the time I plan on rating every tactic and hiding spot I make by thickness of cover, how much of you is vulnerable, how practical it is, maneuverability, an average score for it, and some more detailed stats like how many times I died while there and so on.
A good tactic for Hardcore Team death match is try to use weapons with 1 shot kills. If you are a very good shot, a FAL can do some major damage on the enemy team. If you aren't that accurate, use a high rate of fire weapon such as the RPD. If you are a designated sniper I suggest using a barrett 50 cal with heartbeat so you know who is close to you and a machine pistol if you are inaccurate and a pistol if you are accurate. The reason a pistol is even suggested as its a low powered weapon is because you can swap to it really fast. If you are a good shot, it can mean life or death if you see a knifer running at you.
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Male Number of posts : 339
Online ID : spiky369
Division : not in a division but wanna see how the GB team is so i might join
Platform : Ps3
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 am

M93 Raffica over a Hand Gun , Its swaps like a handgun with the power of M16.

Some stuff I see is that when ppl see predaotrs coming to them they usally try to run where their already running so they usally don't know their enviroments and don't know where to hide from them. This usally ends up resulting into a double/triple kills.

When you start a match switch to your secondary weapon first so because when you switch to your secondary weapon again it comes out faster and its a one time thing for that match

When you die and watch the killcam press the start button so it shows the other teams positions but its only shows for the time they killed you so its good for getting those campers

Audio is your best friend in a S&D match MOSTY when your last person because the footsteps your gonna be hearing is those of your opnnets , just yesterday I waz last person in Skidrow and it waz 2v2 and I waz with my friend I run into a room and he's by the outside stairs next to the tunnel I see he dies I go out the room kill him run back into the room and I hear some1 reloading by the stairs turn bck kill him Game Winning Kill Very Happy, I won't say to buy a gaming headset as you can just get almost the same effect by turning up the volume off your tv

But yeah I really like the purpose of this topic it could help a lot of people with their gaming
Back to top Go down
brad5452

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Most people seem to think tactics are unnecessary just because a K/D isn't equal value to your life irl. However, tactics can greatly improve your game. With tactics I got a positive 30 K/D spread just from being careful. It's more effective than you'd think.

Stay close to corners. You are still in cover when you are able to be seen so your foe may shoot and you can take him our when he goes around the corner, or just shoot through the wall if you have fmj or it's a thin wall.
Also, be aware of your surroundings. Not just where people may be, but what you are covered from and on what angles. Use peripheral vision to find enemies while using your normal vision just to look around and possibly find enemies.
When sniping DO NOT LOOK FOR ENEMIES. A much better strategy is to look not for anything, but just tell yourself what you are seeing. I'm basically saying don't look for everything, just look around. This is very good for finding enemies because you are registering what you see, not looking to register a particular thing. This also helps for finding sniping spots and ghillie suits.
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 pm

I always you my pherial vision! and that's what ido when I snipe to but idont aim down my sights I just stay in my spot and just look at the area ahead of me and it'll be easier because when something moves your eyes will catch it pretty quick but don't just stare at a certain place just scan it slowy or if your lazy use a Heart Beat Sensor fP
Back to top Go down
brad5452

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 pm

yup, thats the way to snipe
Also, if you see anything where there is potentially a target, zoom in. This includes windows, shadows, grassy places, ect.
If you are still not sure, it may be a good idea to shoot anyway.
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Oh and when you die don't get agrrevated and rush in cause your mostly gonna die , just stay clam and God how I hate those little kids complaining -_____-
Back to top Go down
sicse7en

sicse7en

Male Number of posts : 607
Online ID : sicse7en
Division : ...The Harder They Fall
Platform : ps3, pc
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 pm

The main tactic is observation, precision, and a little stealth.. first of all, you need to observe and analyze your allies' pattern and along the way, you will notice a shift on your opponents as well. Like what brad said, don't look for enemies.. instead, use your allies to get a hunch of where your enemies are. If your teammates are good, you and them can pin down your enemies faster (spawn trapping is one example). and that shift in your opponent's pattern will be much more predictable.

This is where precision comes in. If you have figured out your opponent's pattern and their position, you've pretty much calculated what you need to do. If you find that most enemies are in an area where you might die because of rushing them, throw a flash, stun, or a semtex! DO NOT take the risk of rushing, unless you are sure about it. also, you want to make sure you control the fight between you and your enemy. that's how precision works basically...

Last is stealth. Keeping a low profile is one way of surviving an onslaught. If you basically learned how to observe your environment and know you how to use precision, your chances of survival is higher. Just remember DO NOT follow your teammates where they go, as sometimes the area of fighting occurs in their position. Instead, take good flank and surprise your opponents from behind, or side..... maybe your semtex can surprise them. lol

Last thing I wanna give tips is the controllable killstreaks. If you have an AC-130, Chopper Gunner, and Predator, make sure you find an spot where no one or only few passes by. One example is the church at Wasteland. That area is only used by snipers sometimes, and fighting mostly occurs on the other side of the map, and the tunnel. Good observation skills will also pinpoint you where a good spot is..

That's my tips.. enjoy. ^^
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Idk why but I waz reading Sic's tips in a britsh accent in my mind lol , but I use the precision one a lot idont usally hang with my team mates I stay at the side of them and I see that their like getting a few red dots in front of them ill take a side route and flank them :OOO Oh and Sic gonna be online 2mm ? iam kinda having fun with domination ^_^
Back to top Go down
sicse7en

sicse7en

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:23 pm

tomorrow? hmm... not sure.. I gotta cram for business math and I gotta type a paper.. -_-
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh alright then good luck with that then
Back to top Go down
brad5452

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:32 pm

As far as sticking close I usually stay close but not too close and only if we are coordinated. For example, I will stick close to a shield if I'm using it for protection or using him as a distraction while I flank nearby. I will also stay near a SMG if I'm shotgunning if the SMGer is doing close combat in a place like the buildings in skidrow. However, I spend most time on my own.

Another tactic that I'll sometimes use is have everybody a small distance apart but far enough apart that we will not be seen at the same time. Just being stealthy walking around an area so we can see where the enemies are and get back up if we need it.
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Brad is just full of tactics , and iam usally by myself to play and I tryed to do the last one with the stay close but not to close dident go so good but something I do in S&D is if were defending and and they plant the bomb and its 2 defenders and 1 attacker and we don't know where the attacker is , I would be bait so I would go defuse the bomb and my other allie would stay back and watch the area to see if he pops up and if he dosent he can trace back to the attacker by the bullets he fired
Back to top Go down
sicse7en

sicse7en

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 pm

In SnD, it's like a "hunting the hunter" concept.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brad5452

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm full of tactics because I was part of a special ops and SWAT section of an airsoft team. I was head of tactics.
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Wait lol wat? I wanna play some airsoft! that's paintball right?
Back to top Go down
brad5452

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 am

No. Paintball uses balls of paint. Airsoft uses BBs. Paintball is mostly gas where as airsoft uses spring loaded guns, gas powered guns, and electric guns. Most airsoft bbs travel around 250-400 feet per second and are about 6mm in diameter. I had hollowed ones that go faster than average and also modded my pump action shotgun to boost it up to 400 feet per second. It doesn't tickle very much when you get shot. Also, every single airsoft gun I ever saw online or elsewhere was based on a real firearm. None of the paintball guns that I ever saw looked anything close.
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 am

That sounds fun , to bad there isent any airsoft or paintball areas around me :[
Back to top Go down
brad5452

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 am

We started our own thing up. We used a few square miles of land we don't own or have permission to go on in the middle of the woods. One time it took us a few hours to find one of the people that went up to the area while we left it. It's a pretty cool area but unfortunately there aren't any organized airsoft battles up there anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactics
Page 1 of 1