The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dogs of War

We are a PACK! We do not stand alone. We stand with each other. Together we stand as One. One above all who may dare come before us. That is who we are. We are Dogs of War

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Dogs of War!
All DoW members please read new announcement!!
visit our new home at www.dowhq.net

Urban Terror?

Go down 
+3
Naughty Dog
Turbulus NL
WingofSephiroth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Male Number of posts : 230
Online ID : WingOfSephiroth
Division : Beta
Platform : PS3, XBOX 360, PC
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Anyone interested in Urban Terror (UrT)?
It's a computer FPS that's fast paced and fun.
We're looking to branch out.
Back to top Go down
http://dowhq.net
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Male Number of posts : 207
Online ID : Gamertag: Turbulus NL
Platform : Xbox 360
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:34 pm

I tried it but got disgusted of it because of the horrible graphics and the cheap gamemodes.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog

Male Number of posts : 6
Online ID : XBL:DemonEffect
PSN:Jay-ZET
Steam:Craddle_Shock
Platform : PC,Xbox 360,PS3

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Well I tried it and to be prefectly honest I was a little bit displeased of it´s whole "arcadish" Style so I´ll stick to my good old CSS tongue
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:14 pm

The graphics are not the strong point.
The fast and fun gameplay, in my opinion, makes up for the lack of graphics.
In fact, the physics of the game is based off of the Quake III engine, so it involves A LOT of jumping, which takes a while to master.
In addition, I have a boatload of friends and contacts in the game, and if you wanted to play with some elite players, I could hook you up.
Either that, or you could play with me. My IGN is EnglishBoB
Hit me up with a PM and i'll jump on there.
Back to top Go down
rookiesnake

rookiesnake

Male Number of posts : 145
Online ID : xbox 360 - rookiesnake
psn - rookiesnake
Platform : xbox 360
ps3
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 pm

The quake 3 engine? ooooo....old school at it's best. I'm at work right now but I might hit that up sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm

let me know if you do.
I'll play.
Back to top Go down
Areon100

Areon100

Male Number of posts : 559
Online ID : Areon100 on PS3 and 360

Division : Xbox 360 and PS3 Game Improvement Leader
Platform : PS3, 360
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:43 pm

I've never even heard of this game. I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
sicse7en

sicse7en

Male Number of posts : 607
Online ID : sicse7en
Division : ...The Harder They Fall
Platform : ps3, pc
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm

I'll check it out later..
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Urban Terror is one of my favorite games, and I'd really appreciate some more community feedback regarding interest.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 pm

dling now
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:45 am

WingofSephiroth wrote:
In fact, the physics of the game is based off of the Quake III engine, so it involves A LOT of jumping, which takes a while to master.
In addition, I have a boatload of friends and contacts in the game, and if you wanted to play with some elite players, I could hook you up.

The thing is, this is one of the cheap games of which there are tons. I can name a few games that are EXACTLY the same apart from the maps (and the setting) for example Rakion and Wolfteam. The first one has a medieval setting and the latter one has wolves, but the whole thing is the same. level up, get gold, buy weapons, and buy tokens to get new weapons.
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am

Not true at all. There is no levelling up. There is no gold. You dont pay for anything ever. The weapons are available to everyone from the start.

You don't know what game you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:42 am

I know what it is like, and it had all those weapons which you can also get with tokens
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 am

No. The weapons are preset and available to everybody. There are no tokens. There is no gold. There is no advancement. There is no levelling up. There is no buying. There is nothing but gameplay. No tokens.

You, sir, are mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 am

Oh wait its that game -- with the horrible graphics. I just googled some pictures to get the memories back, I cant understand anyone playing this with Modern Warfare 2 being out.
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 am

I will quote myself
WingofSephiroth wrote:
Back to top Go down
rookiesnake

rookiesnake

psn - rookiesnake
ps3

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:13 am

I just downloaded it and I like it. Very old school and fast paced. A nice break from mw2 and such. I'll hit you up on here next time I play...cause right now I'm tired Wink
Back to top Go down
WingofSephiroth

WingofSephiroth

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am

cool.
I'm on AIM most of the time. Just hit me up at Rexcinerum or PM me and we can play.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 am

The graphics just look horribly. The game can be fun but face it, I cant take a game with these graphics serious when I have games like Modern Warafre 2 and GTA IV. And Battlefield 1943 is still better then this plus it has vehicles. I dont like fake war games without vehicles
Back to top Go down
rookiesnake

rookiesnake

psn - rookiesnake
ps3

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 am

Turbulus NL wrote:
The graphics just look horribly. The game can be fun but face it, I cant take a game with these graphics serious when I have games like Modern Warafre 2 and GTA IV. And Battlefield 1943 is still better then this plus it has vehicles. I dont like fake war games without vehicles

That is your opinion and you're welcome to it. And if I remember right you defended saints row 2 when I said the same thing about there being too many other games out there like it. Sorry but I'm old school and I've played tons of good games without amazing graphics. I also like no vehicles..I hated the tanks in waw and I'm glad it's a more simplistic game. Something I can just jump into and I have all the same weapons as everyone else so it just amounts to skill and no one whos already at level whatever is going to have more guns than you.
Back to top Go down
iXProjektXi
Beta
Beta
iXProjektXi

Male Number of posts : 401
Online ID : iXProjektXi
Division : Because we running this.
Platform : Xbox 360!
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am

I just downloaded this game and it seems pretty cool. I used to have a game like this about 5 or so years ago, and this game brings back some fun memories. haha If anyone wants to play some matches, my username on their is iXProjektXi woot! haha I was afraid that someone would have taken it already, even if its pretty hard to imagine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1403680952&am
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:24 am

rookiesnake wrote:
Turbulus NL wrote:

That is your opinion and you're welcome to it. And if I remember right you defended saints row 2 when I said the same thing about there being too many other games out there like it. Sorry but I'm old school and I've played tons of good games without amazing graphics. I also like no vehicles..I hated the tanks in waw and I'm glad it's a more simplistic game. Something I can just jump into and I have all the same weapons as everyone else so it just amounts to skill and no one whos already at level whatever is going to have more guns than you.

Saints Row 2? I have never defender that game at this site as far as I know, Im still quite new here
Back to top Go down
rookiesnake

rookiesnake

psn - rookiesnake
ps3

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:39 am

Quote :
If you pay attention all games copy off eachother. Halo's Firefight, COD WaW Nazi mode etc. all is copied from GoW 2's Horde mode.

Now if I were you I wouldnt turn down a game just because it copies off other games. I played this game, completed it on hardest difficulty, spend over 50 hours on it .Its a great co-op game, especially if you have a friend who plays it too. Saints Row 2 is meant to be fun, just try to do some diversions and just have some fun. If you get bored of this game quick then dont bother about it. just return it. If the game just makes you want to play it more and more it certainly is a good game.

This is you in the general threads when I asked what peoples thoughts were about saints row 2. You're opinion was if I really didn't like it then return it but not to knock it just cause it copies other games. You think it's a fun game...I don't. So I say the same to you..if you don't like urban terror that's great...then don't play it. Just dont look at it one sided and just repeat yourself about how bad the graphics are. It wasn't suggested to be game of the year...it's just a fast paced game that's a pick up and play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Urban Terror? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Terror?   Urban Terror? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Terror?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dogs of War :: General Boards :: Community General Chat-
Jump to: