The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dogs of War

We are a PACK! We do not stand alone. We stand with each other. Together we stand as One. One above all who may dare come before us. That is who we are. We are Dogs of War

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Dogs of War!
All DoW members please read new announcement!!
visit our new home at www.dowhq.net

Try outs and Joining up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Try outs and Joining up Empty
PostSubject: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:35 am

Hi guys to all you new members we will hold tryouts on a message me or Pheonix basis so if you want to join then speak to us. The Chances are tryouts will be held during practices unless there is a game on but message us first to let us know you want to join. This is strictly for EU members only if your from the US or anywhere else speak to Recon who is their leader.

Anyway Good luck guys and see you all soon
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Male Number of posts : 207
Online ID : Gamertag: Turbulus NL
Platform : Xbox 360
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:49 am

I dont really know if I should tryout for this squad --- I feel like missing all the fun of this clan now because this clan is like MW2-only (nothing happens at the Halo part of the clan) but on the other hand, Ive had very bad experiences with GB teams or just teams in general. Everyone goes for his own success to impress the leader or just to show off, the leader tells you you arent good enough while you have played only 1 match, or all the team does is the same gametype over and over again without any variation.

Im not good either at MW2 so I probably wouldnt make it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:39 am

First off we are a team and all DoW we have no players on the team who think they are bigger than the whole am sorry if yo uhave had bad things happen in the past but i for one dont treat anyone badly. I am not the best player in the world but am commited and so are my team. All i ask for is commitment thats all if your committed then you are a player i want. The next practice wil be next tuesday. If your stil unsure try adding me and playing a few games first i dont expect players who tryout to do well in one game. so feel free to add me.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 am

Look dont take this wrong I wasnt talking about DoW. But about clans I was in, in the past. There were people for example in the clan FIFA team who wouldnt do their best at all, and when I missed a chance, they would blame me for everything. and when I did something good they would still find something to blame me for.

I have no mic, but I can listen to other people. If you tell me I have to go left, I will go left. If you tell me to go right, I will go right. Im commited in terms of showing up on practices aslong as they are being held at reasonable times (4PM GMT - 9PM GMT from Monday till Friday)

Dont expect me to do well though, I dont like MW2 that much online and Im just looking to have some fun with clan members. I havent unlocked many weapons or perks, but what I mainly use is either the Intervention + stopping power, or a FAMAS + sleight of hand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:15 am

Its ok i dont take nothing to heart. The EU GB team guys are always online and willing to play with other guys from the clan. I know its hard to start playing a game your not very good at but these guys will help anyway they can. i will always have a game when am online and not playing a serious game like. I like having fun and these guys are ace. so feel free to play with us anytime and we will more than make you feel welcome.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 am

Ok cool. I will be online in a few minutes now, and I will stay online for a few hours, invite me if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey up Turbulus mate Im with Grisly all the way. Ive had some bad expereinces with some proper $@!# clans in the past, I know what its like playing with immature idiots. Some of my clans had some really good players in them but they didnt turn up to sessions or matches.

The lads in this squad are a great laugh to game with, some aren't amazingly good players but we're all committed to the team and our teamwork and comms make us brilliant.

It would be a pleasure to give you a trial mate and if you are indeed committed then it would be an honour to have you kick some #*! with us.

Feel free to add me iP H E 0 N i X anytime and we'll play a couple of games sometime xD

Oh and you might wanna get urself a mike mate, I think you can get basic ones pretty cheap these days.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Im not going to explain for the 1050th time why I dont have a mic so please accept that I wont explain it to you why.

But I can work together, ask Areon, we just did some Spec Ops missions and we owned. We did Acceptable Losses on our 4th or 5th try, then we did Favela on our 1st try and did Wardriving on our 3th try. We also tried High Explosive but we did when there were 4 juggernauts left. Anyway, Areon cant deny that we didnt worked together, because we did.
Back to top Go down
Areon100

Areon100

Male Number of posts : 559
Online ID : Areon100 on PS3 and 360

Division : Xbox 360 and PS3 Game Improvement Leader
Platform : PS3, 360
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:20 pm

It's true. He helped me beat some missions I couldn't do with a person that has a mic. If I denied this I would be a self centered jackass, which I am not. I'm not sure why he doesn't have a mic, but I will not condemn him until he gets one. Mic or no Mic, he's a good teammate and a great person to have as a partner in spec ops (your lucky ILiies).
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Alright for the last time, I used to have a Microsoft headset. Then when my xbox got RROD, Microsoft specifically asked for the headset to be included (I have no idea why, but otherwise they might would send it back) so I did included it. Then 8 weeks later they told me they lost all my stuff (I lost my xbox, headset and harddisk, aint that great) but as a compensation I could get a xbox 360 Elite for free at the nearest gameshop. A few weeks later I decided to buy an other headset but this time it was a more expensive one, a Logitech headset. However, later I found out it isnt compatible with the xbox so it doesnt works. I can hear all the TV sounds but cant use the mic.

And yeah Areon, I did made some mistakes in the Acceptable Losses mission because of the lag (my shots were registered too late a few times so I would miss someone's head) but overall it was done well. One problem is that I can barely hear you most of the times. Especially when in a gunfight Im just guessing at what you are saying. The only thing I heard properly was ''Im going off, Im hungry'' (rofl Razz )I dont know why, it might be because of the distance because I dont have this problem when playing with Dutch friends
Back to top Go down
Areon100

Areon100

Male Number of posts : 559
Online ID : Areon100 on PS3 and 360

Division : Xbox 360 and PS3 Game Improvement Leader
Platform : PS3, 360
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 pm

I have a cold right now so i'm not talking too loud (sorry). Throat is really sore. I'll try to talk louder when we play again. If you decide to get another headset look for the official wired or wireless one. I don't buy third party stuff most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:42 pm

I dont know if its you, but I have an other American spec-ops partner and I could barely hear him too, while i never have this problem with Dutch friends (and its not because im Dutch, it really is because I hear them louder)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Woah mate calm down lol Razz

Look with our second win we are a competetive clan and were serious about what we do, the team isnt a social club is a hardcore gaming team.

Your welcome to play with us anytime but if you want to be on the team I think your going to need a new mic pretty soon otherwise if we play search or something your no good to us Sad Sorry but its nesscacerry.
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 pm

People like you were one of the reasons why I dont like GB teams. Everyone is so full of themselves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 am

right look we are not trying to be funny but if you have no mic then if we say go left and you get slotted how can you relay any info to us about who and what is coming that way. We are taking it serious but it is fun to. Its competitive so there is bound to be a bit of tension but dont kid yourself with thinking that we are full of ourselves ok we arent. Will more than happy give you a try out without a mic but if you want to be a member of the GB team i agree with pheonix and say a mic is defo needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Try outs and Joining up   Try outs and Joining up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Try outs and Joining up
Page 1 of 1