The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Please complete the site registration and head over to the new member area and fill out an application. You can copy the app template below and post into a new topic in the application area.

1. Forum Username (The name you registered with)

2. Online ID:

3. Age:

4. Location:

5. What games do you play:

6. Which system(s) do you play on:

7. Which DoW member referred you or whose post did you read:

8. From what site did you read about our clan:

9. Why have you chosen to join Dogs of War:

10. What type of member do you want to be recognized as:

11. Please provide an introduction below and any other information you would like to include:

The Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dogs of War

We are a PACK! We do not stand alone. We stand with each other. Together we stand as One. One above all who may dare come before us. That is who we are. We are Dogs of War

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Dogs of War!
All DoW members please read new announcement!!
visit our new home at www.dowhq.net

Barret snipeing Question

Go down 
+3
Turbulus NL
DeliriumTri99er
Exionheart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Exionheart

Exionheart

Male Number of posts : 11
Online ID : Exionheart
Platform : Ps3
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Barret snipeing Question Empty
PostSubject: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Still kinda new sorry, But does the Barret sniper on MW2 have weaker shots with a suppressor cause i smack people right in there head and nothing it still takes another shot. It makes me irritated all the dang time. I could have just tried and figured it out myself but figured you guys would know more anywayz thx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Exionheart wrote:
Still kinda new sorry, But does the Barret sniper on MW2 have weaker shots with a suppressor cause i smack people right in there head and nothing it still takes another shot. It makes me irritated all the dang time. I could have just tried and figured it out myself but figured you guys would know more anywayz thx

Yup the silencer reduces dmg. From what iv seen no sniper will 1 hit kill a person with full hp with a headshot.

Silencer = does reduce dmg even tho it dont show
Back to top Go down
DeliriumTri99er

DeliriumTri99er

Male Number of posts : 31
Online ID : DeliriumTri99er
Division : Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Platform : Xbox 360
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Well, kind of. The silencer reduces damage at range on all weapons, and since the sniper rifles are a ranged weapon, they have drastically reduced damage with a silencer equipped. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Exionheart

Exionheart

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Yes indeed cause im trying to practice but it pisses me off. Let me try it without and see how it works ill check in guys thanks for lending a hand its much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Exionheart

Exionheart

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:30 pm

DeliriumTri99er wrote:
Well, kind of. The silencer reduces damage at range on all weapons, and since the sniper rifles are a ranged weapon, they have drastically reduced damage with a silencer equipped. Hope that helps.
and Lamb of God kicks #*! Delirium that was my first heavymetal band i got into, love sk8in to them
Back to top Go down
Turbulus NL

Turbulus NL

Male Number of posts : 207
Online ID : Gamertag: Turbulus NL
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:35 am

Yes, a silencer reduces the damage for any weapon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:14 am

Silenced intervention is a headshot kill at any range, it is also a 2 hit kill at any range. (might not be if both are leg-shots)
Back to top Go down
GranbamJnr

GranbamJnr

Male Number of posts : 44
Online ID : GranbamJnr
Platform : playstaton 3
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Exionheart wrote:

yh i have same problem if i put a silencer on the barret what makes me more piisssed of is that if you get shot even skimmed with a sniper bullet u shud die if you have evey seen a real sniper bullet omg u would go crazy a record shot by a sniper is over 3miles !!! now u tell me i no its mw2 but its not the point that pisses me off big time when snipering

tbh the intervention is a better sniper gun but its bolt action were the barret is semi- automatic so rate of fire is really what counts but depends on your shot

hoped this helped
Back to top Go down
Areon100

Areon100

Male Number of posts : 559
Online ID : Areon100 on PS3 and 360

Division : Xbox 360 and PS3 Game Improvement Leader
Platform : PS3, 360
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Alot of people are petitioning silenced sniper headshot OHK's. Why would a 50. Cal bullet to the head not kill someone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Areon100 wrote:
Alot of people are petitioning silenced sniper headshot OHK's. Why would a 50. Cal bullet to the head not kill someone?

You know what? Your right. But listen here.. If you make it ohk to be "realistic" then you should not be able to run with this wep no matter what. no sprinting and move slow as $@!#.. seeing as thats how the gun is Smile

So yes it makes sense to make it ohk but it also makes sense to make it slow as $@!#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWn-0gKOm8&feature=fvw
Back to top Go down
Exionheart

Exionheart

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Idk tho would be to easy for silenced 1 hit kills and no one able to detect you on radar as to the loud burst fire you better get your shot in and haul #*! out of there
Back to top Go down
HouseMDfan

HouseMDfan

Female Number of posts : 23
Online ID : HouseMDfan
Division : Sniper
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 am

Silencers always lower damage, even in a real gun. Smile I don't like to use Barrets anyhow.

Personally I think it shouldn't matter if you have a silencer on your sniper rifle and hit someone in the head. A headshot is a headshot. But what do I know? Oh wait... I do know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 am

I just discovered a Silenced intervention without stopping power isnt a 1 hit headshot kill.
Me and a friend just tested it.
Also: Harriers take out enemy air support i just tested this with a friend and my harrier minced his attack helicopter when i called it in XD
Back to top Go down
spiky369

Male Number of posts : 339
Online ID : spiky369
Division : not in a division but wanna see how the GB team is so i might join
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:51 am

Alright a Barrett silenced is a one shot kill to the head cause I just recently used it and gotton headshots with it in one shot , and it is also a Oneshot kill when your not aiming at the head. if you want that one shot kill aim for the upper chest or head its a gurrante and if you miss just wait for the recoil to die down and shoot again its really fast and its a bigger recoil jump if you hold your breath but if you hold your breath just go for the head. idont know anything about the intervention silenced though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barret snipeing Question   Barret snipeing Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barret snipeing Question
Page 1 of 1